Sunday, February 07, 2010

Ah..what bliss this thing called hibernation! It's been six months or rather more..since my last promo. My six months of probation is over and just heard the boss has affirmed that me and me other counterpart are probably getting confirmed sometime soon. What an affirmation. I have been in classroom teaching over that period and I must confess it was so much less stressful. Dare I look forward to another rung up the ladder? I will honestly reply a definite No! to that. What with all the new criteria that includes doing research and cooking out INNOVATIVE ways of teaching students who are so entrenched in their "spoonfedness" state!! Is there such a term?

I've self-actualized a couple of years ago and won't go chasing after another round of promotion..which is what is happening with my much, much younger colleagues in the Poly. I think they've all been taken for a ride, but a few will benefit as is the custom.

16 hours of teaching per week is criminal! But who is complaining? I don't have many tugas sampingan anymore cos I suppose they want to retire me. I don't have to do reports (maybe a rare 1 or 2) and hope it stays that way too!

My friends say I'm more cheerful nowadays, less wrinkles on my face (literally) and less "uban". What a feeling! What a blessing!

Thank You Lord! See you next post..

1 comment:

All things beautiful said...

Dare I hope we will benefit from this new outlook of yours? :-)